Our festival is all about the dancing, so at the heart of our day are:
- Morris dancers of every shade including Border, Cotswold, Jig, Longsword, NW Clog, Molly, Rapper and Stave dancers.
- Other dance styles including Appalachian, Ballet, Bollywood, Clog, French, Hip Hop, Irish, Lebanese, Polish, Regency, Scottish, Tap and Welsh.
There will be six beautiful riverside and historic dance venues around the town including the Tithe Barn Some are covered if it rains.
To close the day there will be a teams’ procession around the Tithe Barn followed by a massed dance, the stripping of our giant Jack in the Green and Holt Morris’s unique “Signposts” dance. We’ll end with a big dancers’ social tea-time pig roast. There will be a public barn dance in the early evening.
The festival will also include:
- Giant Jack in the Green supported by hobby horses, creatures and giants from Morris teams.
- Schools’ hobby horse competition.
- Mummers’ plays.
- African and samba drumming bands.
- Live lunchtime music in cafes, restaurants and pubs (we have some great pubs).
- Free all day music concert featuring a range of local musicians, choirs and singers.
- Children’s fun fair and other activities.
- Artisan market selling quality arts and crafts.
- Community groups’ stalls.
- Town window dressing with a hobby horse theme.
- Teddy bear zip wire
- River trips